three cheers for the red white and blue...

Thursday, June 10, 2010 |
when i was a little girl, we spent most of the summer at the beach house in new jersey. on all flag related holidays, i remember my great grandma would always out out these little american flags in the flower boxes. the little tiny ones that kids used to get at parades. she was so proud to be an american.
in this photo, there is my aunt kathy (my godmother), grandma angelina and nana. it was taken in front of the neighbors beach house.
this year i wanted to be patrotic in the back yard and made these sweet little flag banners. they are alot like my birthday banner, but i didnt put writing on them. we have a little canopy in the back yard for the deck and i strung them around 3 sides. i had the fabric in my scraps, so this cost me nothing but about a hour of my time.
of course, that meant that i didnt nap that day.
what i give up to make my house a home!All Thingz Related  linking to craftaholics anonymous


11 comments:

Heather said...

Miss you! The backyard is looking great. I remember when the deck was just getting started. Happy June!

Helena said...

This looks adorable! And go you- I usually choose napping.

Katie said...

I love all bunting and yours looks great! So festive!!

Lindsey said...

cute idea! i love them! and they are great for summertime!

JaNae said...

You look like your Aunt Kathy. I had too read it a couple times and look closely to see that it wasn't you. Oh, and great patriotic pennants. :)

the thrifty ba said...

janae, that was the nicest comment ever! thanks!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I love it! And I love the picture of your family. That is very sweet. :)

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Popping over from Anything Related. What a great idea and a lovely tribute to your family memories. Thanks for stopping by my place.

Unknown said...

Thanks for helping us have a great Tuesday of Anything Related! ~Bridgette

Jessa said...

What a great idea, fun way to decorate for the 4th, very cute.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Lovely banner!! perfect for the 4th. Thanks for linking up :)
have a safe and happy holiday,
Linda

Newer Posts Older Posts Home