im not that type of girl

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 |
i love pasta. almost more than my family.
but im not an egg noodle type girl.
no real reason. they just arent my type.
i also hate left overs. as a kid we either had pasta or leftovers.
but i love egg noodles in this! and left over chicken breast! it is simple and easy. (so im breaking 2 of my 'dinner rules' here)

italian chicken and tomato pasta toss
3 cups medium curly egg noodles, uncooked
1 T olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 ½ “ pieces
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
3 cloves of garlic
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green jar works the best for this one)

cook noodles as directed on package. heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat. add chicken, cook 6 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. add tomatoes, dressing and garlic. cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through,
drain pasta and toss with the chicken mixture. sprinkle cheese.

see-so freaking easy! and yummy!
although i will admit, parker will only eat the chicken and some of the noodles that dont have too much dressing on them. he is a big old freak. i can say that about him-he is my kid.
The DIY Show Off





Blog Button

5 comments:

Staci said...

Would this work with canned chicken? I'm rotating it out of food storage, and my kids have suddenly decided they love it. I'm thinking that would make this recipe even easier.
Thanks for sharing!

Sandi said...

I could eat pasta every night. And I love creating things with leftovers for pasta. As for leftovers, I've learned to tolerate them. But hated them as a kid and young adult. Probably because my mom would have "leftover night" where all the crap in the refrigerator would come out at the same time. She also had a knack for having "leftovers" that I didn't even remember having the first time!

A Little Bit of Everything! said...

Looks delicious! I prepare a dish similar to this also. Check it out here if you would like http://tanya-alittlebitofeverything.blogspot.com/2010/07/fresh-tomato-spaghetti-sauce.html

Amber D said...

I'm also a pasta girl and this looks delish!

Megan B ♥ said...

OH wow, that looks delish.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home