xxl t shirt into yoga pants

Thursday, August 19, 2010 |
im sure you have seen how to make a tshirt into yoga pants somewhere on the inter-webs.
what? you havent?!
well, let me show you how!
let's go to the link that i started at. i will only highlight the things i did differently.
first, i got a new t shirt. i had a coupon from pennys that made it free, so it wasnt like i spent money.
 i had natey model it.
(on a side note, when i asked him to put this on he asked 'why me again?' me: 'because you are cute.' natey: 'ggrrrrr...darn you mom! you made me too cute!')
i cut off the sleaves...yadda yadda yadda...
then instead of measuring down the middle and cutting, i folded my shirt in half and pinned down the edge. im sure i could have used a tape measure and all that.
but then math is involved.
then i didnt quite have enough fabric from the sleeves to make the waistband, so i grabbed a shirt that was headed to the thrift store (thank you laziness!) and cut the bottom edge off. and since the shirt was a heathered gray, it looks nice with this blue.

pin pin pin...
sew sew sew...
instead of making an elastic waistband, i sewed the right side of the grey to the wrong side of the blue waistbands. that way i can flip the grey over and it looks kinda cool. i made it a little snug with the grey fabric so it will stretch. i did take the waist band and the side seems of the legs in a bit.
and, here is a cute feature, my shirt had a boob pocket! so now i have a hip pocket!
these are so comfy-i might not take them off.
well, as long as i stay inside that is.
(ok, ps, my boobs arent as big as they look in this photo. goo.)

















Beyond The Picket Fence
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Keeping It Simple Sumo Sweet Stuff

Simpsonized Crafts



PhotobucketUndertheTableandDreaming

15 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, this is very cool!

Amy Meyer said...

They are so cute! I just might have to try this!

Trish said...

I wish I could live in yoga pants. Well, I almost do. But I wish it was okay that I do. Yours look great!

The Shrub said...

LUB the pants and your little model is cute too! That blond blond hair! :)
I wonder what size my shirt would have to be.... hmm....

Barb said...

Too Crafty...hey can you wear those to Jazz!
Barb

KimMalk said...

Hi Thrifty! I'm glad you could join the party, I wondered what you'd been up to. You look so cute, I've never seen these before. Thanks for the laugh--you do look a bit 'well endowed'! I just became a follower, doh!

Megan B ♥ said...

Very impressed! And totally jealous.

Kristin Renee' Wynegar said...

that is so creative! you did a really good job and they look awesome on!!! I found you on the show off thursday blog party... hope to talk to you soon!!

Lina Thomlinson said...

I just used the same tutorial a few weeks ago to make my own:
http://sourkrautkrafts.blogspot.com/2010/08/t-shirt-yoga-pants.html

I agree that they're super duper comfy and not that difficult to do either. Although I do wish I'd heard about your trick of folding and pinning instead of cutting. I got mine pretty symmetrical but your way's much easier.

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

I LOVE this! I am wearing my one pair of yoga pants right now, and I've often debated buying another pair. Now, I don't have to buy them! Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

great idea! Gotta try this one!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Nice! Love the little pocket! Oh how I wish I could sew. It's on my must do in 2010 list so I better get to it.

You can talk about candy to a girl on a diet. I will just eat it vicariously though you! ;o)

Kendra :o)

AUDRA said...

You're too funny! (your last comment lol)
What a great idea!! You're right, I HAVENT seen this before! Great job!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is so awesome! I want to try and do it but probably won't be as cute as yours. Fingers crossed!
creationsbyladeeda.blogspot.com

Allred's said...

Love them, they look super good and your stylish reflection rocks!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home