it all started with a sale...

Thursday, May 27, 2010 |
i was at joannes, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to live shop, and found these in the clearence bin. each was 97 cents, and finding a cute tiny canvas and easle was so cool-i bought a few!
then comes the problem of who is worthy of my crafty-ness...and once i looked on my calendar, i saw a birthday for one of the teen girls in my neightborhood that i adore, kalen. (dont worry, my blog isnt cool enough for her to read)
i painted the canvas a nice orange, because i like orange. i hope she does too! then i used a sticker as a masking tool and painted the whole thing green. because, again, i like this color green.
finally i went into my craft room looking embellishments.
i have way way too much crap.
but this is what i ended up with. for the 'live' tag, i actually poked a hole into the canvas so i could get the brad in. the blue star is felt, but you cant really tell from the photo. most of what i put on here is just random stuff that looked cool. no real reason. and i used e6000 glue to hold everything to the canvas.
i hope kalen likes it.
i know i sure do!

Simply Designing


























Remodelaholic


Life in the Pitts



CreativeShareWednesdays


 








8 comments:

amanda said...

what a cute idea! i love it. and even better i love a sale. :0)

Jennifer said...

Very cute!!!

Guess I'm heading over to our JoAnn's to see if I can find those too! LOL!

That Girl said...

LOVE it! And I'm totally copying you for my niece's b-day coming up. ;)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cool! It turned out great! : )

Sawdust Girl said...

That IS cute!

Helena said...

What?? I have to go to JoAnnes! That's a freakin' awesome deal. And your creations are fantastic.

Thank you for participating in the Craft Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts

Anonymous said...

cute idea! i love finding fun little treasures like that. thanks for linking to my saturday soiree

Unknown said...

So very cute!

Thanks so much for linking it up! I hope you will join me again for this week's link up party!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Newer Posts Older Posts Home