macaroons-dont go to a party with out them.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 |
my good friend summer had a purse/frame/jewerly party the other night. i got this smoking hot yellow purse to go with my midlife crisis.
LOVE IT!
i couldnt go to a party with out at least asking if i can bring something. (i will always ask. but if you say no, i will make the cookies anyways and eat them myself.) summer saved me from about 47,000 calories by letting me bring my macaroons.
i have had store bought macaroons, and oh. my. YUCK! heavy, tasteless, non-chocolate chip-y balls.
my family's are NOTHING like that. first, they have chocolate chips. and we all know chocolate makes everything taste better!
and the whole time i was there people were talking about them, and asking if i had tried them. (i had-that morning for breakfast i had 2.) i dont think they knew i brought them, and they werent the sales people so i know they werent trying to get my to buy anything.
i will give you my recipe and let you see for yourself.

4 eggs
¼ tsp. of salt
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 ½ cups flour
2 TBS of margerine, melted
4 cups (14 oz) coconut
2 cups (12 oz) milk chocolate chips
2 tsp. lemon rind
2 tsp. of vanilla
beat eggs and salt. add sugar. beat 5-7 minutes then mix in margarine. add flour, coconut, chocolate chips, lemon rinds and vanilla. i use a medium scoop from pamered chef to spoon them out. bake on lightly greased and floured cookie sheets (i actually use parchment paper).
bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my macaroons dipped in chocolate! mmmmm...

Summer Miller said...

They were sooooo yummy. I believe I ate way more than I should have. Macaroons are one of my favorite but with the chocolate chips it was even better. Thanks so much for bringing them to the party. Your purse is fabulous. My husband HATES mine:) He gave me money to go buy a black or brown one :) Too funny.

Jessa said...

Copied the recipe to the 'birthday' ideas folder on my computer. My hubby loves macaroons, it is great to have chocolate one!!!

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I LOVE your purse. I'm looking for a new one myself and that one would go great with my mid-life crisis too!

That Girl said...

Love the purse and I LOVE macaroons. Have you had the ones from Skool Lunch? I have, only because I avoid baking at all costs!! ;)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Cute purse! And I have always wanted to make homemade macaroons! I've bought the store kind and I'm soo addicted. Mmm! Thanks for sharing.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home