when the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine, that amore...

Monday, May 17, 2010 |
(now im working my way into dean martin!)
did you ever eat at a nice italian resturant?
we arent talking olive garden.
or....gasp...fazolis.
usually places like johnny carino's (which is a step above olive garden, but still not nearly as good as say MY PASTA!), they bring out some yummy bread and balsamic vinegar and olive oil. and really, why do you need a meal after that?
but have you ever tried balsamic syrup? i get chills thinking about how yummy it is.
it is thick like maple syrup, but oh vinegary!

1.5 cups balsamic vinegar
4 T sugar
boil vinegar and sugar in small saucepan on med-high heat until reduced to ½ cup…about 20 minutes. stirring occasionally.

yup-that is IT!
when my friend brenda went to italy, france and germany, she had it for the very first time and fell in love. (if her husband would have upset her while there, i bet she would have taken the syrup (and the canoli) and left the husband (and the gun! oh, maybe you havent seen the godfather movie...) i hadn't had made it in a long time, but when she reminded me of how unbeliveable it was, i quickly made a batch and got some bread to put on the side.Sumo Sweet Stuff





 im linking to santas gift shoppeTransformation Thursday

6 comments:

Summer Miller said...

I don't like Carinos! I've been once and thought the food was icky and over priced. I LOVE Carabba's but don't go often because its a drive but I love BA pasta too :) Homemade is best.

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

My niece introduced me to basalmic vinegar, oil and french bread...yum! I'm going to share this with her!
And....I received a Versatile blog award and am passing it on to you! You can pick it up on my blog. I really enjoy your blog!
Sharon

Helena said...

No way, I LOVE this stuff! I am making this right away.

Erica said...

I love anything balsamic. I'll give this a try. Stopping by from Santa's Gift Shoppe.
-Mama E
www.homeandheartsblog.com

Sandy said...

Sounds yummy, I'll be trying this soon!!

One Life Many Journeys said...

I love this stuff. I had it once in a restaurant over broiled fish...YUMMMMMM-E

Newer Posts Older Posts Home