i'll be thrifting for christmas. you can count on me!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 |
i hate to admit this, but there are actually a few board games that my kids DON'T have.

how are they functioning in society?
(don't answer that if you really know them!)

on a recent trip to deseret industries, i went down the toy isle.
let me stop there...i ALWAYS go down the toy isle. i have gotten legos and star wars toys on amazing deals. just like any thrifter knows, you never know what you will find!
this particular day, i


and



 for $1.50!
now, the packages are always taped shut, but believe me, i always untape them.
i stood in the toy isle and put perfection together (without the timer on!).
i have trained my kids to put all games pieces back into the baggies on all games.
i realized not all moms are as perfect as me.
(insert laughter here!)
but both had all the pieces. so after i scrape the d.i. sticker off and put all the pieces in baggies, i'm wrapping them and they will be under the christmas tree in 40 days.
and my kids will never even notice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!! I am headed to my local shop this weekend for a game for my nephew!

Jocelyn said...

I love finding good deals like that at the thrift store...hhhmmmm...maybe I need to make a trip today;-)

Staci said...

Oh man. My kids love Star Wars and Life, so that would have been perfect for them too!

Good eye!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Great finds! My boys are going to find LOTS of Lego under the Christmas tree this year thanks to a recent find :-)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home