megan's rosemary pasta

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 |
i have friend megan who loves cooking.
and her family actually eats what she cooks.
and LIKES IT!
her foody blog, vittles divine, is full of yummy foods.
like what we had for dinner monday night, rosemary chicken
not only did i steal megans recipe, but i stole her photo too!
here are megans directions for the best rosemary chicken EVER!
(nate told me i should use that spice more often! (i guess he means rosemary))

3 breasts of boneless, skinless chicken
2/3 cup flour
4 tsp olive oil (divided)
4 tsp butter (divided)
1/4 cup diced onions
4 minced garlic cloves
2 cups water
1 cup unsweetened white grape juice
4 cubes chicken boullion
1 tsp ground or regular rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
12 ounces angel hair pasta (not 16 oz!!)
fresh chives (optional; I have never used them)

Directions

Cut thawed chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and put into bowl. Pour flour into bowl and stir until chicken is well coated with flour. In a wide, deep skillet, combine 3 tsp olive oil and 3 tsp butter and heat over med-high until bubbly hot. Add chicken and cook, turning until lightly browned and cooked through (approximately 5-10 minutes). Remove chicken and set aside.

To skillet, add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil. Add onions and garlic cloves, saute until softened (about 2-4 minutes)

Add water, white grape juice, bouillon, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Simmer covered approximately 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and simmer covered approximately 8-10 minutes. Sauce will thicken slightly and chicken will be heated through.

Before chicken is added to the pot, get started on the pasta. Cook angel hair pasta and drain as suggested on package, but do not rinse (tip I learned from America's Test Kitchen). One idea for this recipe is to break pasta into 2-4 inch pieces before boiling.

When pasta is ready, slowly add pasta to the skillet with the sauce and chicken. Optional: cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes, serve warm. (I say "optional" because I sometimes forget to keep simmering it and it's ok. Last night I just dumped the sauce and noodles together into a serving bowl.) It will look very soupy, high-liquid when you first add the pasta to the sauce if you have done the previous steps right -- covered-- but after it sits for a few minutes, most of the liquid will absorb into the noodles. Don't be alarmed! Trust me, you want it this way! It all works out in just a few minutes!

3 comments:

Helena said...

Mmm, you make me want to lick my screen.

JaNae said...

You're making me hungry with all the recipes and I just had breakfast a little while ago! I'll have to give this one a try too.

Sandi said...

Looks good! I remember my mom and grandmother always rinsing the pasta after cooking to "get the starch off". But I've learned not to do that. Hope Mom isn't watching!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home