laziness and rub-ons...2 great things that go great together!

Friday, March 26, 2010 |
i have had these rub-ons for awhile. you know how you pick something up on sale, thinking 'i'll use that as soon as i get home! no-this is soo cool-i will use it on the way home!'.
and 6 months later, it is still sitting on your crafting table. now covered in dust , an empty bag of swedish fish and a darth vader action figure.
i hate that.
so in a fit of 'i want to craft but im broke (not that THAT would stop me) and way too lazy to drive 5 minutes to hobby lobby.'. oh, and i would have had to bring at least one of my wonderful kids that i would have to bride with candy. that is enough right there NOT to go anywhere.
so after i fling the dark lord at my kids (he counts as a babysitter-right?), and i make sure the bag of swedish fish is empty,i open these rub-ons and try to be creative.
that almost always means spray paint.
i popped the glass out of a frame and painted the frame black. while that dried, i taped my sheet of rub-ons to the glass and started rubbing. the end result looks pretty good! i didnt end up putting the back on the frame because i like the see thru look. and i love my wall color. so once again, laziness, my kids and being broke made me crafty and cool.
what have you done when your hubby wasnt making money as fast as you can spend it?
Simply Designing

6 comments:

Ocean said...

Very cute! :)

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

very clever! I hopped over from Simply Designing and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later...

Laura Lynn said...

I saw you on Remodelaholic and had to take a peek at your idea. It looks great! I love to save money too - which is why I'm on my way to go thrifting to see what I can re-purpose next week!
Thanks,
Laura @Enjoying the simple things

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for entering Meet Virginia's giveaway, good luck!!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Unknown said...

cute and clever!

Unknown said...

This turned out really cute! Thanks for linking up!

Be sure to stop by and link up at today's link party!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home